SOLVED:Cannot save Global Configuration after importing user

Post By:user_67232 | Reply

Hi all,

I am having issues where my Global Configuration is not saving after importing a new user tables from an existing site.

Some quick background history first:

- Had an old 2.5.18 site and did a upgrade to V3.3.3
- Independent of that started a new V3.3.3 site to design a new site from the ground up (no legacy wanted from the old site)
- Exported the user related tables (jos_usergroups, jos_users, jos_user_keys, jos_user_notes, jos_user_profiles, jos_user_usergroup_map) from the upgraded V3.3.3 site and imported it into a new V3.3.3.


Can login without ease. Can add articles, users, etc. However, cannot edit the Global Configuration settings.

The screen loads but loads with delay. Then the settings appear. Can change but when clicking Save the screen just reloads without the changes taking effect. No message appears stating any confirmation or error.

I have confirmed that the configuration.php file is writable (as shown in System > System Information > Directory Permission. I also checked permissions in FTP and it was 644, but changed to 664 as a test. Same result.

When I revert back to the original user tables of that site the settings can be changed without problem.

I'm wondering if the original configuration.php file is ever linked to an original superuser admin (owner) or something?

Anyone experienced this before?

Many thanks in advance for your input and feedback!


ADDED NOTES:

I should add the reason I am doing the export / import of users is I want to maintain their user id because I am also importing Kunena forum posts and other user-generated topics in the new site. This has all worked and linked up correctly. Just the the configuration is not saving. At least that's all I've identified so far...


Cheers,
Brenden
user_67232Sat, 23 Aug 2014

Well, solved it.

It was the values in the 'lft' and 'rgt' columns of the 'jos_usergroups` table.

My new install had the values of 22, 23 where as my imported tables had the values of 178, 179.

Changing 178, 179 to 22, 23 solved the issue.

NO idea what these do! I assume to do with the permission hierarchy, but it worked!

Thanks FlashRebel for your input. Indirectly it steered me in the right direction. Cheers mate!

user_56146Sat, 23 Aug 2014

:)
Try export/import users with this extension instead of breaking tables in database
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... port/12816

Sometimes can also help in any assigned component or setting go to option and save it, that it resave it to database.
For example try to go to user manager - option and save that settings ... also that mentioned ''Database Fix'' button, clean cache ..

user_67232Sat, 23 Aug 2014

FlashRebel wrote:
Did you try to maxime that errors, if some error will show ?


Yes it is set to Maximum, but again no error or message appears


FlashRebel wrote:
Also try set permision to 666 for test. Also check if you are super administrator, not just administrator or something else..


I am able to log in as their user and see the backend. And the user record has "Super Users" as a User Group.


FlashRebel wrote:
Btw. you moved your new installation to another directory, check if path inside configuration are set right, this can be the issue.


It's actually a fresh install. The Super User account works fine with the original install tables created. But what I did was rename the default jos_users table to old_users then imported another jos_users table from another Joomla 3.3.3 website. Likewise for the jos_usergroups and jos_user_usergroup_map tables.

user_56146Sat, 23 Aug 2014

Did you try to maxime that errors, if some error will show ?
Also try set permision to 666 for test. Also check if you are super administrator, not just administrator or something else.
Global configuration are fixed to configuration.php file, so double check if everything is right there using ftp.
Btw. you moved your new installation to another directory, check if path inside configuration are set right, this can be the issue.

user_67232Sat, 23 Aug 2014

Yeah tried that, but same results. Rather strange :)

user_56146Sat, 23 Aug 2014

maybe more simply just create new superuser, then delete old one ?

user_67232Sat, 23 Aug 2014

Hi FlashRebel,

Thanks for the reply. The configuration file is still the original file of the created 3.3.3 site so the details are all correct.

From what I've been reading it doesn't look like you can import a new superuser. So it looks like I need to export all users from the old site (excluding the superuser) then import into the new sites user list keeping the current super user.

user_56146Sat, 23 Aug 2014

Using ftp check your configuration.php if username, password and all details are right for new website.
Also maybe good idea if you can compare these imported tables with new tables in core 3.3 if there is some difference.
You can try also force errors to maximum in configuraton.php. in public $error_reporting = 'default'; change it to maximum
It maybe show you some error.

Try also Extension manager - Database - Fix

`Reply Or Comment!
Please LogIn to Reply!